Summer is in full swing. You’re planning a vacation and trying on a swimsuit, and suddenly you notice the hateful “orange peel.” Good news: cellulite is not a defect at all. 90% of women have it, but it’s almost unnoticeable in some of them due to the specificities of body structure. More news: you cannot completely get rid of cellulite, but it’s possible to make it almost invisible. So how can we make our skin smooth and fit?
Bright Side collected the most simple and effective tips.
7. Healthy eating
A common myth: if you lose weight, cellulite will disappear. This is not true. The fight against cellulite begins with proper nutrition. Things your diet should include:
- protein (meat, legumes, nuts);
- lecithin (eggs, tomatoes, spinach, soybeans);
- fatty acids (fish, olives, avocados, nuts);
- fat-burning fruits and vegetables (grapefruit).
The best drink for a fit body is common clean water. Nutritionists recommend drinking 1.5-2 L (50-66.6 fl oz), not counting tea, coffee, and other drinks.
5. Physical exercises
If you consume more calories than you can burn, you’ll get extra fat that affects the appearance of cellulite. Physical exercises will help you burn excess calories and get a fit body. In this case, sit-ups, rope jumps, running, and aerobics are more effective than barbells and dumbbells.
- Both self-massage with special brushes and cups and a professional service are effective.
- In massage salons and clinics, massage is done with special equipment that destroys accumulated layers of subcutaneous fat and improves metabolism.
- Massage with essential oils is even more effective, as they penetrate the epidermis, burning fat and eliminating stagnation of lymph.
Anti-cellulite creams don’t bring desirable effects, but scrubs remove the keratinized layer of the skin, improve blood circulation, and speed up metabolic processes.
2. Contrast shower
- A contrast shower improves blood circulation and stimulates metabolism.
- The pressure of water streams will eliminate stagnations. Lymph will intensively cleanse the skin and subcutaneous layers.
- Direct the water jet to the problem area from a distance of 10 cm (3.9″), and massage the problem areas: buttocks area — with circular movements, legs — top-down movements for the front part and bottom-up for the back part.
- The high temperatures of a sauna increase blood and lymph flows, due to which skin becomes smooth and fit, restoring its elasticity.
- A sauna opens sweat glands, through which toxins leave the skin, cleaning it of fatty stagnation.
- Just one visit to a sauna a week will smooth up the subcutaneous fat layer.
- Anti-cellulite wraps with special oils or curative mud will also help.
P. S. These cellulite-fighting methods will bring visible results only when they are all used together. One chosen method may not be effective enough.